Initiative Begun 2001
Focus on Community & Institutional Scale Wood Biomass Thermal Heating
New Hampshire has experienced a steady increase in the utilization of modern wood biomass thermal heating technology over the last decade. North Country RC&D has been a leader in this effort. Working with many partners, North Country RC&D has helped potential users of wood biomass thermal heating by:
- Conducting dozens of tours and workshops;
- Funding feasibility studies;
- Providing financial assistance;
- Developing decision making tools;
- Organizing communication and action networks.
If your community, institution, school, or group has an interest in learning more about wood biomass thermal heating you can:
Contact North Country RC&D for assistance.
Review the case studies and feasibility studies below.
Feasibility and Case Studies
- Groveton District Heating Study
- Kimball Union Academy Feasibility Report
- Rockingham County Complex Biomass Boiler Proposal Summary
- Sullivan County Complex Preliminary Feasibility Report
- Walpole Elementary/ Charlestown Middle Schools Feasibility Study
- Merrimack Valley Biomass Fuel Study: Loudon/Boscawen/Penacook Elementary Schools
- Merrimack Valley High School Energy Case Study
- NH Department of Resources & Economic Development: Bear Brook State Park Study
- Plymouth Regional High School Biomass Boiler Project Life Cycle Cost Analysis